Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Where's Santa?

Okay, two Christmas things I couldn't resist passing along:

1) Norad's Santa Tracker. I've been seeing this advertised for weeks, and was curious to see what it would actually look like. Norad has set up a satellite map of the world, and is mapping Santa Claus' route around the globe. After his take-off from the North Pole (of which you can watch a video clip), it looks like his first stop was Providenyia, Russia (very far east and very far north, as Russia goes). He's made his way west since then, and I've watched clips of his sleigh - led by Rudolph's bright, shiny nose - at the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal and even the International Space Station!

Norad has the site set up so that you can watch Santa's progress in real time, and click on an image of a present to see photos of the places he's already been. It's a really creative concept, and I'm having fun watching Santa's route. As I'm writing this, he's in Malmö, Sweden - the accompanying photo is from the downtown district, but I think they should have used one of the marching band statue in the older section of the city, instead. It has much more character!



2) Elf Yourself's personalized elf dance, sponosored by JibJab and Office Max. I didn't want to embarass any of my friends or family without their permission, so I've only shamed myself in this one. Visit the website, and create your own elf dance!
Send your own ElfYourself eCards

No comments: