Monday, November 24, 2008

Want to send a unique sweet treat? Try this!

I've long been of the opinion that my parents are awesome, but this clinches it: I just got a package marked "perishable" from The Chocolate Fetish.

I saw the return address and just barely repressed a "woo-hoo!" of bliss. My brother and sister-in-law sent my mom a box of their Ecstasy Truffles this summer, and I've been dying to try some ever since. The Asheville, NC-based company has been around since 1986, and owned and operated by Bill and Sue Foley for the last two years. Let me tell you, after tasting their "Velvet Sin" truffle (Billed as "The ultimate Chocolate experience...every dark Chocolate lover's dream come true!" Do my parents know me, or what?), I would love to meet them. And would probably spend the rest of my life in their shop, if they'd let me. I mean, really, who else is going to make sure all of their truffles, frogs, rounds and chocolate-covered espresso beans are up to par? Certainly none of their other fans/customers would do the job justice!

But really, if you want to make someone's day with a sweet treat that goes above and beyond the call on both deliciousness and inventiveness, look no further than The Chocolate Fetish. For the adventurous chocolate lover, try a box of assorted Ecstasy Truffles, which range from the afore-mentioned Velvet Sin (thanks Mom and Dad!) to Wine & Roses to Ancient Pleasures (dusted with cayenne pepper!) to Chai Moon. For the traditionalist, try an assortment of America's Best Truffles, which has a more usual selection, but keeps things interesting with some Raspberry, Irish Cream and Kahlua truffles tossed in.

I won't be spending this Thanksgiving with family, hence the spectacular care package, but that's okay - I and (what's left of) my box of Velvet Sin truffles could use some alone time!

2 comments:

Payal said...

Those chocolates sound really good. I visited their website - I may have to order some for myself. ;)

Jessalyn Pinneo said...

Definitely worth it for a major "I deserve a treat" moment. ;)