Thursday, November 20, 2008

Welcome!

Hi, and welcome! This is the first blog post I’ve ever written that isn’t for work and my first personal blog, so I’m a little nervous, but I’m glad you’re here.

Let me introduce myself: My name is Jessalyn (pronounced just like it’s spelled), I’m 23 years old, graduated college a year and a half ago and am now living in a little studio apartment about five miles outside of Washington, D.C. where I work at a non-profit that deals with First Amendment freedoms.

I’d like this blog to be all about personal connections, and thought-swapping. Who we are is rooted in our personal experiences, and in sharing them I hope we can learn something about ourselves and our world (and I don’t mean that to be as hippy-ish as it sounds). If my experiences can give you insights into yourself, your friends, your kids or family, and your comments can do the same for me, this blog will be serving its purpose. And of course, we’ll talk about the latest news, books, gadgets, movies and gossip! What are friends for, after all?

So come back soon, come back often, bring friends and leave comments – I’m here, I’m listening and I’m ready to talk, so let’s get started!

No comments: